Re: [G104] Data needed: Firefly brake & barrel

  • Paul Roberts
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8 5:13 PM
      WhiteWolf wrote:

      >I know the Firefly's used the M34 mantlet,

      Actually the Firefly used a completely new mantlet and there were no
      'side-flanges' at all.

      Paul Roberts
      President
      Armor Modeling and Preservation Society
    • WhiteWolf
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8 5:46 PM
        --- Paul Roberts <tankmodeler@r...> wrote:
        > WhiteWolf wrote:
        >
        >>I know the Firefly's used the M34 mantlet,
        >
        > Actually the Firefly used a completely new mantlet
        > and there were no 'side-flanges' at all.

        Ok, got pics of the mantlet, & dimensions of the
        barrel & brake?
      • Paul Roberts
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 9 10:33 PM
          WhiteWolf wrote:

          > Ok, got pics of the mantlet, & dimensions of the barrel & brake?

          I have photos from Hunnicutt & other sources plus a few photos of the
          Grizzly Firefly at Borden. Unfortunately none of them are real detail
          photos of the mantlet. The only dimensions I have would come from the
          Hunnicutt book and I wouldn't necessarily take them as pure gospel. Even
          if they are accurate, my measurement errors could lead to problems when
          amplified by the increase in scale to 1/16. You should rely upon someone
          who has actual dimensions.

          Paul