Data needed: Firefly brake & barrel

  • WhiteWolf
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
      I have a friend willing to give this a shot for the
      1/16 guys, but he needs some accurate dimensions.

      I know the Firefly's used the M34 mantlet, but what
      was the distance from the 'side-flanges' to the
      beginning of the brake, including the diameter &
      any taper values, and then the brake dimensions?

      Thanks guys...

      WhiteWolf
    • Paul Roberts
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
        WhiteWolf wrote:

        >I know the Firefly's used the M34 mantlet,

        Actually the Firefly used a completely new mantlet and there were no
        'side-flanges' at all.

        Paul Roberts
        President
        Armor Modeling and Preservation Society
      • WhiteWolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 8, 2005
          --- Paul Roberts <tankmodeler@r...> wrote:
          > WhiteWolf wrote:
          >
          >>I know the Firefly's used the M34 mantlet,
          >
          > Actually the Firefly used a completely new mantlet
          > and there were no 'side-flanges' at all.

          Ok, got pics of the mantlet, & dimensions of the
          barrel & brake?
        • Paul Roberts
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 9, 2005
            WhiteWolf wrote:

            > Ok, got pics of the mantlet, & dimensions of the barrel & brake?

            I have photos from Hunnicutt & other sources plus a few photos of the
            Grizzly Firefly at Borden. Unfortunately none of them are real detail
            photos of the mantlet. The only dimensions I have would come from the
            Hunnicutt book and I wouldn't necessarily take them as pure gospel. Even
            if they are accurate, my measurement errors could lead to problems when
            amplified by the increase in scale to 1/16. You should rely upon someone
            who has actual dimensions.

            Paul