RE: [G104] Re: "hold down device" on M-4's?

  • Combat Vehicles
    Message 1 of 41 , Oct 1, 2004
      > I have spent
      >months in the Ford Motor Company Archives researching data on Ford Military
      >Vehicles and would like to compare the data in this accession to what I
      have
      >already found.

      What do they have by way of tank production and technicsl info?

      KL

      There are thousands of pages of documents on this. More than you could look
      at in a week. The production data and motor production data I did copy.
      Mostly numbers built and delivered by months, years and contracts. There are
      also a great deal of photos of production, part production and motor
      production.

      Unfortunately, the best data is contained within the Ford Motor Company
      Industrial Archives and it is now very difficult to get in to research.
      FMCIA is the Archives at Ford and is not the same as the data at Henry Ford
      Archives.

      Jim Gilmore
    • WhiteWolf
      Message 41 of 41 , Nov 15, 2004
        --- "Russell Baggerly" <rebaggs@h...> wrote:
        > No holes in this one, just (reference those photos)
        > someone hit it on the back right of the turret with
        > something that did not penetrate, but left a blast
        > ring of schrapnel scars.
        >
        > I'm gonna head down there to the wash rack and see
        > if it's still there. Will report out later.
        >
        > Russ

        As it was tacked onto the 'Sabine Sally' thread,
        which tank you're referring to is in question.

        Was it the 4th ID, 1ST BCT capture & restore at
        FOB Raider?

        www.hood.army.mil/4id/Iraqi/news_content/sherman.asp

        (I note they ~still~ havent't corrected the incorrect
        reference of HVSS, not VVSS...)

        I'd look in the Photo section, but it appears to be
        non-op at the moment. Someone overload it with pics?