A couple Shermans in Ontario

  • Joseph DeMarco
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 14, 2004
      Mike Henniger took some pix of some jet monuments he
      saw on a roadtrip. There are Shermans next to a couple of
      the planes in Ontario Province, & he included a few shots
      of them as well.

      M4A2(76)HVSS, Collingwood, RCL Br.63, Raglan & Ontario Sts. S/N 69406

      http://community.webshots.com/photo/185191431/185904847eByShx

      Notice this one has a little platform of some kind in front of the driver's
      position, as does the one at CFTC Meaford nor far from there.

      M4A2(75)VVSS, CFB Borden, Dieppe & Waterloo Rds.

      http://community.webshots.com/photo/185191431/187172450PjbBWP

      A very uncommon Sherman in North America, I think this is an example
      of an early Pullman-built M4A2, but couldn't find the serial number on it
      to confirm. The fittings are said to be for Canadian Indestructible Roller
      Device (CIRD). The middle bogie assembly looks like it came off a Sexton.

      Thanks for the heads up, Brandon.

      Joe
    • Brandon K.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 14, 2004
        Was Mike able to provide the serial, or did you already know it? he seems to do a lot of
        traveleing, so you might want to ping him and ask him to keep an eye out for Shermans (& Stuarts).

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail