3 inch gun on M10

  • marc33594
    Message 1 of 2 , May 9, 2004
      I know, for all intents and purposes, while based on a naval gun,
      the 3 inch gun on the M10 was equivalent to the 76mm. My question
      is did it use the same ammo, both AP and HE as the 76? Especially
      interested in the HE as the performance as the 76 HE was actually
      inferior to that of the 75 since it had a smaller HE payload.

      Marc
      Message 2 of 2 , May 9, 2004
        From: marc33594

        I know, for all intents and purposes, while based on a naval gun,
        the 3 inch gun on the M10 was equivalent to the 76mm. My question
        is did it use the same ammo, both AP and HE as the 76?

        The projectiles were the same but the cartridges were different.