New York newspaper article by Master Gunnery Sergeant Rezia Jarvis

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2003
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: "Rick Massey" <mass6080@...>
      Subject: Sherman Register web site
      Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:27:44 -0600
      To: <HL.Spoelstra@...>

      Greetings and Thank you for the great site...

      I have a question that has been in my family for a number of years and hope you might send me a direction to confirm the article which was supposedly written about my father Master Gunnery Sergeant Rezia Jarvis Massey 1914-1989, The article was written about,
      My father, actual turned over the Sherman while on maneuvers, this was in the early 1940's. I heard it as a child, and the article was written for a New York Newspaper...

      This is quite a story I know ... any help would be appreciated.

      My father retired from the Marine Corps in 1961 at Camp Pendleton. He was with the First Marine Division.

      Thanks

      Rick Massey

      Memphis, Tennessee
      ------- End of forwarded message ------

      Rick,

      Did you try looking through the archives of New York newspapers and libraries?

      Good luck with your search and let us know if you find the article!

      Best regards,
      Hanno Spoelstra