Re: [G104] Re: Grizzly at MVPA convention

  • Mike & Andrea Canaday
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 31, 2000
      Did all Grizzlies have the CDP track and sprocket. Could the CDP track
      be approximated by modifying Pzkpfw IV track to have two guide horns?

      Mike Canaday
    • TANKBARRELL@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1 5:04 AM
        I think that all of the Grizzlies that came from Portugal were on CDP
        allthough the first production vehicle is photographed on US track. All the
        Grizzlies I have seen have been on CDP except for Joe Gillatt's in the UK,
        (now on T48 rubber chevron) and Jaques Littlefield's. Both of these vehicles
        are masquerading as 'M4A1's. The differences between Grizzlies and US
        production are more than just track. External and internal stowage are quite
        different.
        Many of the Portuguese tanks had been retrofitted with the late vision
        cupola, so this is no sign of a late tank.
        Regarding modifying Pz IV track, the question of why leaps to mind, as CDP
        is available and probably easier than Pz IV track.