Re: [G104] Re: Ford GAA web page

  • rrunnersb@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 3 2:42 PM
      I guess we are still the only guys guarding the home front?
      eh? WhiteWolf and Bob

      Jim
    • bobskat@cavenet.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 3 4:20 PM
        Jim...

        It certainly 'pears like we're it. Maybe they all got recalled to some sort of duty, or whatever.
        I (silently) celebrated my anniversary Monday, April 1st. My outfit along with some other guys hit Okinawa on April 1st, 1945. It was also Easter Sunday besides April Fool's Day. Every time April 1st rolls by now I feel a wee bit better...(grin).
        If nyone ever shows up here again on the list, tell them I said "hi"...in case I miss them
        Later,
        Bob
      • Dana J Nield
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 3 4:24 PM
          Hi Bob and everyone else,

          I'm here, just running silent. Working on more Canadian AFV decals of
          WWII at the moment. Have more Shermans in the works, as usual!

          Cheers!

          Dana

        • Richard Fox
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 4 8:17 AM
            As an owner of three GAA engines I monitor these postings. However I have
            not had anything to add. I do have some jpeg's of my engines and parts.
            Rich Fox

          • rrunnersb@aol.com
            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 4 8:49 AM
              Hi Rich Fox,

              I'd be happy to see some pics! I've been looking in vain for a tank myself for the last two years and have been unsuccessful. In two cases I have missed one by several months. I currently have been running ads. Something will turn up someday. If in the event I find one and need parts are any of your engines available for sale?

              Regards,

              Jim
            • Kees Huyser
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 4 10:54 AM
                At 11:49 -0500 04/04/03, rrunnersb@... wrote:
                >I'd be happy to see some pics! I've been looking in vain for a tank
                >myself for the last two years and have been unsuccessful. In two
                >cases I have missed one by several months. I

                Jim,

                Check this out:
                http://allied-armor.tripod.com/alliedarmor/
                They have two M36 for sale, and have contacts that can provide a M3A1
                Stuart Tank with spare drive; an M-18 Hellcat, M4A1, M4A2, and an M10.

                http://pattonarmy.free.fr/avus.htm have Sexton for sale in France.

                --kees
              • Tanker06@aol.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 4 3:27 PM
                  Not a Sherman for sale, but there are the Sextons for sale in GA
                  and Washington State. I think they're asking $5K each.

                  Jerry

                • Georges Mazy
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 13 10:30 AM
                    For info : the Brussels Tank Museum can provide a few good quality Ford GAA
                    V8 engines. Rehauled by the Belgian army. In wooden boxes. They are located
                    in Belgium. Not for sale, but for exchange against equivalent parts.

                    Regards

                    Georges Mazy
                  • André Flener
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 16 5:37 PM
                      Two Ford GAA tank engines for sale in Tooele, Utah:

                      http://www.jtomlin.com/itemv8_ford_gaa_tank_.html

                      Homepage: http://www.jtomlin.com/

                      Regards,
                      André