Bart Vanderveen

  • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 7:33 AM
      I phoned Bart Vanderveen the week before Beltring to ask if he had
      time to see me and Geoff Winnington-Ball. He said he was pleased to
      see us after Beltring and an appointment was made.
      However, after Geoff and I got back, his wife had left a message on
      my voice-mail saying that he had been admitted to hospital. Startled,
      I contacted Mrs. Vanderveen for more details. She told me Bart has
      been operated on cancer last week. After he recovers from the
      operation he will need further treatment. No doubt the next months
      will be a difficult time for him and his family. Luckily, his wife
      and daughters are there to support him.

      The reason why I post this message is to inform the people that know
      him personally on his condition. You might want to send him a
      postcard to cheer him up. If you don't have his postal address, I can
      forward messages. Send your wishes to my e-mail address and I will
      print them out and send them to Bart. Please refrain from elaborate e-
      cards, a few lines will do more than fine.

      Here's hoping one of the founding fathers of the military vehicle
      preservation movement will recover quickly to rejoin our ranks.

      Hanno Spoelstra
      P.O. Box 3246
      NL - 2601 DE Delft
      The Netherlands