"Sherman" discovered in Prut River

  • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2000
      Who can help to answer LTC Foster's question: how could a Sherman come
      to be in the Prut River, which forms the border between Moldova and
      Romania?

      Thanks in advance,
      Hanno Spoelstra

      *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
      Sir -

      It has been recently reported that a "Sherman" has been discovered in
      the Prut River, which forms the border between Moldova and Romania.
      The reports are unclear as to whether this is an actual tank or a
      variant; it is also unconfirmed that the "tank" is actually a
      Sherman. At this point, I am not sure where along the Prut this
      discovery was made; it is a very long river.

      Can you speculate as to how a Sherman could come to be in that river?
      My recent search through your EXCELLENT web site was not successful in
      shedding light on the possibilities.

      Thank you.

      LTC John Foster
      US Army