Shermans in New Zealand?

  • dionholswich2003 <bigmac@jago.co.nz>
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
      Hi,

      I am new to the group so go easy on me please!

      I found on the Sherman register, there should be a Sherman in
      New Zealand, I can't find reference to where it could be, does
      anybody know where the mystery Sherman is located if at all.

      I would love to actually see one in person, maybe even climb on
      in! :-)

      Cheers,
      Dion Holswich
    • Gordon Roach
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 3, 2003
        Dion, I remember as a kid climbing on and through a tank over in kawerau or Edgecumbe (BoP way) but I cannot be sure. It was along time ago. Think it was not a Sherman, may have been a M24, can't remember.

        Perhaps a trip to the army museum and climb on the M3 Stuart/Honey, or the M41 (massive), and if the old Centurian is still there. A few years ago a local Taranaki collector bought his M3 to the gun show and rides were had around town. What a sight.

        Gordon Roach
        Task Foce Productions
        www.taskforceproductions.com