Re: Interesting Russian Sherman on this site

  • ceolredmonger
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
      Do you mean click on the first main link (forgive my lack of the
      language) 'Slapnice 1945' then left side three down.

      Interesting combination of bogies!! one early, two wrong side. Would
      it have run on these as a desperate measure or is it a scrappers
      fantasy? There is obviously a story here.....

      I can see it would be a modellers 'spares box' dream!

      Keith Matthews

      --- In G104@y..., "panzeriiim" <toadman11@h...> wrote:
      > Hi all,
      > I was on Track-Link last night and found this link:
      >
      > http://fronta.cz/index.php?
      > action=12&barva=0&photo=124&p_id=100&p_idpod=500
      >
      > I think this'll be my next modeling project.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Chris "toadman" Hughes
    • Roberto Flores
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
        It seems tthat the negative of the slide film was positived on the wrong
        side...as a mirror, I mean. Take notice of the MGs at the turret and hull.

        Cheers,

        Roberto Flores Yoldi
        dibujante & ilustrador/cartoonist & illustrator
        http://dreamers.com/rflores/
        http://usuarios.lycos.es/robflores/
        http://usuarios.lycos.es/acrilyccommand/
        http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jp2k/2db/divers_robertofloresyoldi.html
        http://www.film.queensu.ca/CJ3B/Toys/Flores.html

        > Do you mean click on the first main link (forgive my lack of the
        > language) 'Slapnice 1945' then left side three down.
        >
        > Interesting combination of bogies!! one early, two wrong side. Would
        > it have run on these as a desperate measure or is it a scrappers
        > fantasy? There is obviously a story here.....
        >
        > I can see it would be a modellers 'spares box' dream!
        >
        > Keith Matthews
        >

        > --- In G104@y..., "panzeriiim" <toadman11@h...> wrote:
        > > Hi all,
        > > I was on Track-Link last night and found this link:
        > >
        > > http://fronta.cz/index.php?
        > > action=12&barva=0&photo=124&p_id=100&p_idpod=500
        > >
        > > I think this'll be my next modeling project.
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > > Chris "toadman" Hughes

        > **Please trim your replies**
        > **Do not post in HTML or "Rich Text" mode**
        > **Plain ASCII Text only please**
        > **Attachments will be stripped**

      • WhiteWolf
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2002
          --- In G104@y..., "Roberto Flores" <ROBFLORES@t...> wrote:
          > It seems tthat the negative of the slide film was positived
          > on the wrong side...as a mirror, I mean. Take notice of the
          > MGs at the turret and hull.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Roberto Flores Yoldi

          Agreed , I'd not noticed that ... though the mantlet looked odd .

          Other giveaways are the open shell disposal port on the turret ,
          the antenna mounting on the front glacis/sponson , and add-on
          or 'applique' armor to the sponsons had one plate on the left ,
          and ~two~ on the right . If you capture the image , and zoom in ,
          you can even see the right side turret cheek armor plate .

          BUT ... even if you flip it , the two aft bogie pairs are wrong .
          Someone clearly did a kludge on this baby ...

          Anyone able to place the ID : 1-33 or I-33 ? the # on the applique
          looks to be 8977 ?

          WhiteWolf