Colour Me Chastened

  • mossie57@xxxxxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 1999
      Hi Hanno, Getting off the commuter bus this morning, it suddenly hit me that my posting could have been misconstrued. I did not mean that they used Sherman APCs in Cyprus, and I apologize if I gave that impression. They were used in Canada only. Now due to a wild dog problem, they did equip every vehicle with baseball bats, which they nicknamed "puppy pounders". Pretty basic "close in protection", eh? As for your remark about aircraft vs tanks, I will check out that page. I used to belong to a model club west of Toronto which had a number of armour modellers in it. One meeting, I brought a model of a Henschel 129, and sat it on the table beside their group of M1s. One of them laughed at it, said it was the ugliest aircraft he'd ever seen and asked me what its purpose was. "Well Ian' I smilingly replied,' it's a tank killer."