Were early (dry storage) M4A3 Ever used in combat during WW2 ?

  • Mike & Andrea Canaday
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2000
      I am interested in finding out about the use of the early M4A3 Dry
      stowage Shermans. What information is available about how and if the
      1690 Ford built M4A3 Dry stowage tanks were used in combat. Also, were
      all of the dry stowage M4A3's built with 56° hulls?

      Thanks,
      Mike Canaday
    • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2000
        --- In G104@egroups.com, Mike & Andrea Canaday <mmcalc@c...> wrote:
        > What information is available about how and if
        > the 1690 Ford built M4A3 Dry stowage tanks were used in combat.

        The information available seems to point in the direction that none of
        the Ford-built M4A3's were used in combat. Also see message no. 322
        (http://www.egroups.com/message/G104/322?&start=302).

        > Also, were all of the dry stowage M4A3's built with 56° hulls?

        Yes. Is there a reason to doubt this?