Sherman APCs

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 8, 1999
      Hi "PhantomPeter",

      I'll skip the shameless plug, and get on with the really interesting bit:

      >but have always liked the Sherman and its permutations, a very
      >versatile tank.

      Indeed, even capable of shooting down fighters - see the page on the Israeli
      Sherman Kilshon - so you'd better watch out :-)

      >My late brother was in the Second Battalion of "The Canadian Guards"
      >in 1964-66, based at Petawawa, with 6 months in Cyprus, and unfortunately
      >I am old enough to remember him telling me about the Regiment using
      >turretless Shermans as APCs even then! Personally, I like the "Firefly",
      >btw. Cheers, Peter Montreuil.

      Do I understand correctly the Canadian Guards used Sherman APCs at Petawawa
      in 1964-1966 - but not on Cyprus?