Re: [G104] Re: Ricochet HE Fire by Sherman 75mm-Range Limitations

  • Rexford179@cs.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2002
      In a message dated 6/21/2002 5:47:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      khall@... writes:

      > Interestingly, a number of the Firefly gunners that I have
      > interviewed also bounced their 17pdr rounds in order to make
      > effective attacks against soft targets like buildings, etc.

      Good research. Ammunition seems to be used in many different ways.

      Were they using HE or APCBC?

      Lorrin

    • big_silver_wolf
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2002
        > Were they using HE or APCBC?

        They were using APCBC, hence the need to bounce it to get any
        destructive value against soft targets. As one gunner put it, if he
        had just fired at the house, it would have gone through the entire
        row of houses and just left a neat hole all the way through.

        Ken.