US Sherman "custom" prototype

  • Roberto Flores
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
      Dear friends:

      Some days ago I have just received a wonderful book about the Sherman,
      "The
      Sherman. An Illustrated History of the M4 Medium Tank", P. Chamberlain & C.
      Ellis. 1969, via Mr. Derek Frost bookshop.

      One of the shots show a prototype, US M4E4, a model with torsion bar
      suspension and centreguide steel tracks. Anybody of you have more info? Are
      those wheels and tracks from a Pershing or a Chaffee?

      If any interested, I have a pic scanned from the book!

      Regards,

      Roberto
    • AndrĂ© Flener
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
        Re: One of the shots show a prototype, US M4E4, a model with torsion bar
        suspension and centreguide steel tracks. Anybody of you have more info?

        Well, I have a link to a picture of the M4E4:
        http://members.fortunecity.se/photoww2/tanks/usa/med/m4/03822.jpg

        Regards,
        André