Re: [G104] "C-Biscuit"

  • printeral@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
      Hi
      That's me on the right next to the 75, facing the tank.
      We took our goggles of as they made good sniper targets. Commander Hall
      was the only one I knew who wore a steel pot.
      Couch
    • Joseph DeMarco
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
        Hi Mr. Davenport (ASN 39575253)?

        Glad you finally got to see the photo!

        "Tell Bob he was right, I didn't get 59 until we got the new
        Fords with v-8s time does strange things to you!"

        You owe Bob a cup of coffee...

        Do you recall if there was a guy with a movie camera standing
        next to the still photographer when you came ashore?

        From your statement above, it sounds like you got a replacement tank.
        If it's not too painful a memory, do you remember what happened to #58?

        Joe
      • printeral@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2001
          Hi
          I went to Naval Hospital 111 on Tinian.
          when I returned they had replaced all our tanks with Ford v8s. I was
          flown there by Tyrone Power a very popular Movie star, he was a Marine .
          ( the tanks were really beat=up!)
          I do know what happened to the Fords, I helped load them on a barge and
          the were taken to Gaum for break=water and fish habitat.
          You may not know but we got attached to them,
          they were more than a machine, they were part of us.
          feel free to ask if you have questions.
          Couch Asn 39575253