VIRUS ALERT!!!!!

  • Bob Smart
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2001
      Chad (aka m4a376whvss)- I believe you have been infected.

      I just picked up mail and there was mail from you entitled

      Re: [G104] Re: Armored Battalion TO&E ( Now Japanese & Italian tanks)

      When I opened the message it told me it had an attachment. the
      attachment was a .pif file. Don't worry I quarentined it. I use
      Eudora Lite so I'm not at quite as much risk as others to these things
      ( yes it's a little old but it's free, good and doesn't have the ads
      that the newer free versions of Eudora have :-))

      But you need to check yoour machine real good.

      The interesting thing ( which caught my attention) is that although it
      has G104 in the subject line I read this list at the web site so the
      list doesn't send me mail.

      Well no real harm done at this end but everyone should be careful and
      make sure your machines are clean

      Bob Smart (bsmart@...)
    • drivingfool@pnv.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
        Bob and anybody else who got that virus I am very sorry I just found
        out I had a virus on 11/30 I got it removed I also got norton 2002
        Again my deepest apologies for any problems I may have caused Bob
        what do you do once a virus is in quarantine? Delete it?
      • Dlbbarrel@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2001
          Drivingfool,

          Delete the damn thing by all means, Norton should walk you through it.

          Ken, (Dlbbarrel)