Re: [G104] Band of Brothers

  • TANKBARRELL@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
      The Tiger you refer to was not used in Band of Brothers. It was built for a
      pilot TV show.

      Adrian Barrell

    • JOHN.BUCKLEY@HOPWOOD.AC.UK
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
        --- In G104@y..., TANKBARRELL@a... wrote:
        > The Tiger you refer to was not used in Band of Brothers. It was
        built for a
        > pilot TV show.
        >
        > Adrian Barrell

        Any idea of the name of the programme?
      • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
          --- In G104@y..., JOHN.BUCKLEY@H... wrote:

          > > The Tiger you refer to was not used in Band of Brothers. It was
          > > built for a pilot TV show.
          > >
          > > Adrian Barrell
          > >

          > Any idea of the name of the programme?

          Carl Brown of C&C Military Services told me it was built for an
          American film/TV show called "SAM'S CIRCUS".

          By the way, Adrian did a lot of construction work on this convincing
          Tiger film prop, so much of the credit should go to him too.

        • Kees Huyser
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
            At 08:12 +0000 10/10/2001, JOHN.BUCKLEY@... wrote:
            >If anyone wants anymore information about the Tiger used in Band of
            >Brothers, they should get hold of a magazine called Military Machines

            On the BoB website in the Carentan section is a Quicktime/Realplayer
            movie on the "tanks of BoB".
            In it they explain how they built the Tiger, with shots of the
            unfinished product.

            Check it out at http://www.hbo.com/band/recreating_the_war/carentan.html

            --kees
          • TANKBARRELL@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
              The show was to be called Sam's Circus, however it was decided not to go
              ahead. I made the turret for the Tiger and I drove the Sherman in the
              filming.(M4A4)

              Adrian

            • Tanker06@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
                Any particular reason for the nonshowing?

                Just curious

                Jerry
              • Dlbbarrel@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 10, 2001
                  Are there any members of the 70th Tank Bn. "A" Co. that was at the battle of
                  St. Lo and the push to Mortain on 01 Aug. 44 that read this site?

                  My uncle was KIA with the 70th on that date. Would love to talk with you
                  about the events that day.

                  The 70th was operatiing in support of the 4th Div. 8th Infantry on that push.

                  Please e-mail me your phone numbers or addresses.

                  Thanks,

                  Ken Errickson