Re: SECO Sextons

  • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2001
      --- In G104@y..., Hanno Spoelstra <HL.Spoelstra@i...> wrote:
      >See Joe's pictures at
      >http://www.geocities.com/shermanregister/seco.htm

      See http://tired-iron.mounet.com/seco/sexton.htm for recent pictures
      (they were taken last weekend) of the Sextons at SECO.

      Regards,
      Hanno Spoelstra
    • HL.Spoelstra@inter.NL.net
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 2, 2001
        --- In G104@y..., HL.Spoelstra@i... wrote:
        > See http://tired-iron.mounet.com/seco/sexton.htm for
        > recent pictures (they were taken last weekend) of the
        > Sextons at SECO.

        Please note that the current SECO stock includes one of the first
        batch of 125 Sextons built (sometimes referred to as Sexton I). It
        has a rivetted lower hull, three piece final drive housing and early
        style bogies. It has obviously been upgraded by the retrofitting of
        the integral auxiliary generator and battery boxes on the rear deck,
        typical for the second (last and largest) batch built. Also, it is
        fitted with CDP track sprockets.
        I know of only one other first batch Sexton, which is at the War and
        Resistance Museum at Overloon, the Netherlands. Although it does not
        have the integral boxes on the rear deck, at some point in time it
        was fitted with the later style heavy duty bogies. A friend of mine
        pictured another one in a yard in Portugal, but that one was scrapped
        as far as can be ascertained. So, the tally stands at two survivors.
        A rare beast for sure, worthy of preservation. . .