any questions?

  • khall@wayward.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
      I'm off on Tuesday, the 7th of August, to conduct the final interview
      for my audio book about the Sherman tank. I'm going to interview the
      Firefly gunner that is credited with knocking out Michael Wittman.

      A while back someone asked for specific information about the Firefly
      that was involved in that incident. Well, no one will know the tank
      better than it's crew, so if there are any specific details you want
      to know about that tank, mail them to me by tomorrow night. I'll try
      to get a response for them if the veteran in question remembers the
      technical details after all this time. I think the earlier question
      was about the sprocket type, but please re-ask it if you want me to
      try to find out for you.

      Take care,

      Ken.
    • hugh evans
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 5, 2001
        Congratulations, Ken! That's very exciting! I'd be interested in knowing the
        basic sherman type that was being driven - i.e. Sherman 1, 2, 5 or whatever.
        And whether it was late hull or early. They're wargaming TO&E questions.
        Nothing to do with any book I have in mind. Good luck!