Audio Clip

  • khall@wayward.co.uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2001
      Firstly, let me apologize to Hanno - I meant to put the clip into the
      miscellaneous folder but appear to have put it into the root folder!
      Please feel free to move it into the right place if you know how - I
      couldn't figure out an easy way.

      The audio compression is fairly heavy and produces some artifacts,
      but I figured it was more important for those with poor connections
      to be able to listen to it. I receive it ok on my 56k modem from
      England, so it should be alright for most people. The final casettes
      will be professionally mastered from digital recordings, so they will
      be high quality (for a cassette, that is! :)

      You will need the latest windows Media player (version 7) to play the
      clip - you can get it from www.Microsoft.com . I used windows media
      since it is the only compression encoder that I have, and its fairly
      easy to get a hold of the media player for it.

      The gentleman talking is John Stenner. He held the rank of Trooper
      and was a Loader/Operator in a Sherman II [M4A1(75)] and served with
      'A' Squadron of the 1st Northamptonshire Yeomanry. This clip is part
      of a section on the mens' "Introduction to Combat".

      I have put this sample up for your enjoyment and information. This
      is still work in progress, so please do not copy or re-distribute
      this file in any fashion.

      Take care,

      Ken.