Re: [G104] "Cobra King" - crew

  • Joseph DeMarco
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5, 2001
      Hi Cookie

      Thanks for looking that up & putting names to the faces.
      If the guys at the 37th AR REGT Park in Vilseck ever put a marker
      in front of that Jumbo, I hope they will include the crew names as a
      small way to honor them.

      On another note...

      Jacques Duquette has posted some pix of the Jumbo at Camp Ripley.
      The turret serial number looks like 152.
      The Registration Number is 3082947.
      I believe this has been confirmed by the vehicle Serial Number 50350.
      The story I heard was that this Jumbo was spotted on a range &
      rescued by some National Guardsmen who were interested in its
      historic value. Shot damage is evident.
      It was reported that there may be the remains of another Jumbo
      on one of the ranges at Camp Ripley.

      http://members.tripod.com/mmfs0/Photos/Jacques/ww2/index.htm