Re: M4(HVSS) in Aberdeen

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 1999
      At 15:15 02-12-1999 -0600, you wrote:
      > I last visited Aberdeen Proving grounds in the sprin of 1988 .There was
      >alot missing .The visit 5 years earlier there was a M4A2E8 orM4A3e8 DD
      >all that was missing was the canvas from the tub support Bars.Do you know of
      >the where abouts of this vehicle ?
      > Mark Giroux

      Hi Mark,

      As far as I know the M4A2(76)W HVSS DD III is still at the Ordnance Museum,
      Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD, USA. It was in 1997 for sure. It seems the
      exhibits at the Ordnance Museum get shifted about from time to time,
      possibly top receive a coat of paint to slow down the rust.

      Hope this helps,
      Hanno
    • AMPSOne@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 1999
        The M4A2E8 DD and other items are parked in an impound lot over near the
        corner of Bel Air Drive and Susquehanna Boulevard. They were slated to get
        stripped and repainted but the restoration process is currently on hold as
        once repainted, there is no place to display them!

        Cookie Sewell
        AMPS
      • Cobra6@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 1999
          Hanno and Mark,

          Attached photo is the M4A2 76mm Duplex Drive at Aberdeen when it was still on
          Tank Mile. An interesting vehicle both for the DD stuff and the rare nature
          of big gun A2s in this country. HVSS to boot!

          Pete Harlem
          cobra6@...
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 1999
            I have uploaded Pete Harlem's photo of the M4A2(76)W HVSS at Aberdeen
            Proving Ground. If you're interested go to the G104 community main page on
            the ONElist web site at http://www.onelist.com/files/G104/ and download the
            file called "wm4a2DD.jpg".

            Anyone else wishing to share a photo with the list members, feel free to
            upload a file at the G104 community main page.

            Hope this helps,