9708Re: [G104] Re: M4A4 s/n 21169

  • spoelstra.geo
    Jul 13, 2014
      Thanks P-O!

      Yes, it is painted red, but I'm not sure if it has been sandblasted before
      so there's still chance some remains of markings could be found. Here are
      some pictures:
      https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117991639943414379496/albums/5859721358215326929

      The owner, Maurice, just joined our mailing list so he can read & react to
      the postings made here.

      Op Zo, 13 juli, 2014 11:12 am schreef soldat_ryan@... [G104]:
      > Hello,
      >

      > this M4A4 was accepted at Chrysler in June, 1943. THis Sherman is most
      > probably ex-British, but we would need few photos to confirm this. The
      > best would have been to find remains of unit markings or the British
      > T-number, but I konw that the tank has been painted in red by its
      > previous owner, so I'm afraid there is nothing to be found yet.
      >
      > Pierre-Olivier
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic