      From: "Jay Wilkins jay22deb@... [G104]" <G104@yahoogroups.com>
      To: "G104@yahoogroups.com" <G104@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Monday, June 23, 2014 7:45:18 AM
      Subject: [G104] Mystery Sherman [3 Attachments]

      I hope someone can help my brother and his community.

      My brother is a Methodist minister in the small town of Crown Point, Indiana.  He and I are both avid readers of World War II history.

      Attached are pictures of the Sherman tank resident in the Crown Point town square.  Much to the chagrin of the town historian and Mark, nobody knows the tank’s history--or even what make of Sherman it is.

      According to my brother, the tank carries the following markings:

      --103G27598 on the front, back and sides, in white stencil

      --The raised letter “C” or “G” with a circle around it at the front bottom, followed by CE8543C3510.  The letters “LO” is beneath.

      --6446 stenciled in white on the turret side (as visible in the pictures)

      --1648 in raised metal directly below the turret barrel.

      --Interestingly, the name “Sabrina” is stenciled in several places.

      If anyone can provide any light on this tank, or point me in the right direction to find out, the town of Crown Point, as well as my brother and I, would be eternally grateful.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic