9697Re: [G104] Re: M32 TRV turret stowage question: M1A1 Bazooka Rocket Launcher

    Jun 2, 2014
    >The more I look into it, I think the M1A1 was omitted.

    Don't give up the ship, Roy. I'm thinking the designers wanted them equipped with bazookas. The M74, the M32 series replacement, was designed by Bowen Mclaughlin in the early 1950s.  The Tech Manual has it that "A bracket bolted to the interior of the turret, supports one end of the 3.5 inch rocket launcher (the other end...is held in place by a bracket bolted to the hull). One of the illustrations (attached) shows the "other end" as a solid  disc, "rocket launcher bracket." It would have helped if the M74 illustration model had been equipped with an actual rocket launcher. I suspect the M32 series illustration models weren't equipped with one either...