9678RE: [G104] Can anyone identify vehicle in background? [1 Attachment]

  • Dan Jahn
    Apr 5, 2014

      Looks German made to me.

      From: G104@yahoogroups.com [mailto:G104@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Chris
      Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2014 11:31 AM
      To: G104@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [G104] Can anyone identify vehicle in background? [1 Attachment]

      The attached image was taken in the Gardziel (Gorge) at Monte Cassino sometime between May 12 and May 20,1944. To the right of the M4A2 is a vehicle that I can't ID. It looks to be similar in size to the Sherman. I can't discern if its a truck, a Loyd Carrier or a turretless Stuart V reconnaissance tank? The canvas lacing and the lower fenders/skirts don't seem to match any configurations I've searched. Hoping some sharp eye might be able to give me a better clue.

      Thanks

      Chris.....

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic