9675Can anyone identify vehicle in background?

  • Chris
    Apr 5 11:31 AM

    The attached image was taken in the Gardziel (Gorge) at Monte Cassino sometime between May 12 and May 20,1944. To the right of the M4A2 is a vehicle that I can't ID. It looks to be similar in size to the Sherman. I can't discern if its a truck, a Loyd Carrier or a turretless Stuart V reconnaissance tank? The canvas lacing and the lower fenders/skirts don't seem to match any configurations I've searched. Hoping some sharp eye might be able to give me a better clue.

    Thanks

    Chris.....

  • Show all 13 messages in this topic