      Sent: Thursday, December 05, 2013 10:16 AM
      Subject: Re: [G104] El Alamein Sherman II [1 Attachment]

      Hi Dave & Joe,

      I was in Egypt in 2000 and had a chance visit the El Alamein Military Museum.  They had a Sherman there that I took a couple of pictures of inside and out.  Not sure if they will help with modeling, but possibly just for interest. There were no markings on it.

      One is attached (it was my pre-digital camera days, so I took pictures of the pictures in an album).

      If you are interested in the others, let me know and I will forward them to you.

      Dave

      In a message dated 12/5/2013 9:49:25 A.M. Eastern Standard Time, snick13@... writes:

      You're welcome.
      I can't recall, but if the directions have you adding any springs or other fittings to any of the hatches, ignore that.
      There are reports of serious injuries from falling hatches among early Sherman tankers.
      The positive hatch lock mechanisms weren't introduced until the Spring of 1943.

      Joe