      Sent: Saturday, June 15, 2013 4:16 PM
      Subject: [G104] M4A3E4 snr. 56797 restauration

      During restauration of Sherman M4A3E4 snr. 56797 we noticed the reinforcements on the inside of the hull around the area where the middle bogie is installed. Would anyone happen to know the reasoning behind this? Was the hull not strong enough at this point?

      http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/168422/sn/1971801242/name/56797+forstaerkning+hoejre.jpg
      http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/168422/sn/1092751051/name/56797+forstaerkning+venstre.jpg

      Also, we came across these wooded spacers located around the gastanks. I suppose they were there to prevent the tank from rubbing against the hull, avoiding sparks and the risk of wearing a hole in the tank?

      http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/168422/sn/391287816/name/Driftank+beskyttelse+v.+side.jpg
      http://xa.yimg.com/kq/groups/168422/sn/339474026/name/Drifttank+besk.+h.+side.jpg

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic