9571Re: [G104] TM 9-737 T1E3 Mine Exploder

  • Logan Hartke
    Jan 28, 2013
      Ah, "b", the good ol' "Streisand effect" in action.

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

      Cheers,

      Logan

      On 1/28/2013 4:20 PM, Trent Telenko wrote:

      Ray,

      Like you said, you won't hit the blocks until you access NARA or other US Government files, or are a small businesses the Fed have pinged.  This is something a fellow researcher sent me on one of the reclassification blocks he hit --

        "A while ago, I comprehensively searched the General Correspondence of the Manhattan Engineer District at Archives II.  Even at this late date, I found red tabbed removal notices dated 1996 and 2005 that were essentially "we think this information is interesting, and thus classified. Sucks to be you."

      The information on Chuck Hansen's site is not something the Feds want to re-litigate, because they would;
          a. Lose again paying "reasonable attourney fees to whomever takes the work pro-bono" and,
          b. More importantly draw attention to what they did, causing both the replication of said data and increasing the professional pool of lawyers willing to pick Federal pockets like Chuck's lawyers did.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic