8808Re: [G104] Fwd: Sherman Tank the "Colorado"

  • Michael Canaday
    Mar 7, 2010
      Mr. Nevala,

      There are a lot of pictures of Colorado on Tarawa. There is a very good
      website about C Company, 1st Tanks, which describes all of the known named
      tanks. Colorado happens to be a celebrity as she was one of the few that
      survived the battle. Here is the link for the company:

      http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/ctankbatt.htm

      and for Colorado:

      http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/colorado.htm

      I do not think the tank survived the war. There is one tank still on Tarawa,
      I think it is Cobra.

      Mike Canaday