      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Don Moriarty

      While doing analysis between the two M4A3E2's ( RN 3083084 & RN 3083026) a
      question of 'dimpling' in the steel on the turret exterior & interior of TN
      38 has me curious as well as several questions which seem to pop up.

      1) I assume the 'dimples' were due to production technique. This appears to
      be unique to this Jumbo, and I can't find photographic examples of others
      with similiar 'dimples'. Has anyone else noticed this elsewhere?

      2) The turret serial # is located on the turret top & not on the side, as
      most other vehicles / photos show. I assume this is unique to the
      manufacturer. Are there any other example of this difference.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic