8126Re: Betio Tarawa USMC Sherman

  • fons
    Nov 11, 2008
      is the picture of this sherman posted somewhere?
      gerards
      fons

      -

      -- In G104@yahoogroups.com, BSteinIPMS@... wrote:

      > The reason the photo didn't come through is that yahoogroups
      software routinely strips off all attachments. Your best bet is to
      post the photo in a folder on the G104 group.

      > --Bob

      32 ton tank!!? Since the price of scrap steel dropped to 50 a ton IN
      AUSTRALIA, and it costs about 50 a ton to ship it there, I dont think
      the Betio Sherman will move soon.
      > Matt? Photo credit to Stan Gadja, Ponape?

      Chinese scrap metal dealer attempted to remove this tank recently but
      failed fortunately.

      > Jon
      > http://tarawaonthew eb.org

      > Hey guys, here is the photo of the only USMC Sherman visable at
      Betio, Tarawa, Gilbert Islands taken early 2008. Matt Holly