805Re: [G104] Re: Multibank

  • TANKBARRELL@aol.com
    Jan 10, 2001
      Pat,
      Further to Carls answer, the first 1000 or so M4A4,s had the generator
      mounted on No 2 block, in line with the starter motor. When the change was
      made to the single water pump, the generator was moved into the fighting
      compartment behind the batteries. It was then driven by two belts off the
      propshaft. This does mean that it stops when you use the clutch but this is
      not a problem. My tank was built with the early system but was converted at
      some point.

      This last weekend, I removed the turret and basket. Work goes on!

      Adrian
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic