6987Re: [G104] Re: LST 325 is in search of a sherman for our tank deck

  • Rob
    Nov 1, 2006
      I don't see where the State Dept would have any jurisdiction over a WWII
      Sherman that's army property any more than they would an M-1 or a Brad
      coming back to CONUS. Army stuff is Army stuff. I think those goofy
      rules about lend lease stuff only applies to equipment given to friendly
      foriegn countries then sold to private citizens who in turn sell "it" to
      a US citizen who wants to re-import it back here.

      Rob
      surfacing from deep lurk mode....