5408Re: British use of 105mm Sherman 'b'

  • Len Heidebrecht
    Jan 7, 2005
      Checking my copy of the GGHG War Diaries, re-organization from Armd
      Recce Regt to Armoured Regt took place in Mar '45 in Iseghem. 33
      Sherman Vs were sent from 5 Cdn Armd Brigade for this change, 2 X
      105s per Sqn HQ and 2 X 76s per troop. The 105s and 76s were often
      detatched and sited in for indirect shoots after that time.
      Cheers,
      Len
      --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, "ceolredmonger" <keith.matthews@y...>
      wrote:

      > Pity I don't have any Italian theater Sherman tank regiment's
      > Archives/Museums in my 'patch'.
      > --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Brown" <peter.brown87@t...>
      > wrote:
      > > Figures for Sherman 105mm from from "Half Yearly Reports on the
      > Progress of the Royal Armoured Corps" -
      > >

      > > Canadian 5 Armoured Division - 18
    • Show all 19 messages in this topic