5406Re: British use of 105mm Sherman 'b'

  • ceolredmonger
    Jan 7, 2005
      Thanks Peter,

      As ever, you are a star - quality research well presented. Whatever
      happened to the tried and tested unsubstantiated rumour?

      December '44 is earlier than I thought for this amount - the picture
      is getting clearer. The 'Close Support' tank concept seems to have
      been alive and well in Italy. Could the need for effective smoke be
      a reason?

      Pity I don't have any Italian theater Sherman tank regiment's
      Archives/Museums in my 'patch'.

      Keep up the good work!

      Keith Matthews
      Curator of Military History
      York Museums Trust
      UK

      --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Brown" <peter.brown87@t...>
      wrote:
      > Figures for Sherman 105mm from from "Half Yearly Reports on the
      Progress of the Royal Armoured Corps" -