5395Re: M4A1 big hatch in british use? (75 mm gun?)

  • ceolredmonger
    Jan 5, 2005
      To back up Peter Brown's comments,

      I know the photo holdings of a number of British regimental museums
      and have yet to see any showing 75mm (or for that matter 17pdr)
      armed British big hatch Shermans other than a few of DD variants.

      My experience has shown careful examination of any photo apparently
      of a British M4A1 with big hatches proves to be an M4 Hybrid.

      The British seem not to have favoured the 105mm variants for close
      support so although they have designations for them (I don't know
      about availability) they don't appear in photos either.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic