5302Re: More on Kuwait Tank / Sherman in Iraq

    Dec 1, 2004
      --- In G104@yahoogroups.com, "WhiteWolf" <whitewolf_mcbride@h...>
      wrote:
      > Um, Hanno, Image 6 ain't the same tank. Biggest
      > difference: #6 is an VVSS unit, the other ones
      > are all HVSS.
      >
      > #1 & #2 are the first shots, showing the single
      > airborne? penetrator of the turret, with left
      > track off and one right roadwheel off.
      >
      > #3, #4 & #5 show a later images of the same tank,
      > but track & roadwheel have been removed, and the
      > tank is marked "Keep off, R/C" (recover?)

      WhiteWolf, you're right: picture #1 & 2 show an M4A3 (105) HVSS
      Sherman recovered in Iraq by the 3rd Infantry Division, September
      2003. These pictures were sent to me my David R. Olsen.
      Pictures #3, 4 and 5 show the very same M4A3(105) HVSS in Northern
      Kuwait, February 2004, where it was photographed by Russell Baggerly.

      Picture #6 was posted by Mark Reboy, who found this Sherman at the
      base in Taji Iraq (North of Baghdad) and posted this photo of him on
      it (ref. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/G104/message/4826).

      I have altered the location of the pictures. #6 is now in the folder:
      #1 through 5 are in:
      (105) HVSS in Iraq