3567Re: [G104] Re: Commemorative (formerly Confederate) Air Force Sherman

  • Tanker06@aol.com
    Feb 2, 2003
      whitewolf_mcbride@... writes:

      > Something is wrong about that turret. The mantlet-armor
      > and any pivot seem to be missing, and the barrel looks fake.
      > Possible someone built a mockup? More than likely

      I've seen one like this elsewhere. The mantle, it's armor and
      the barrel were taken out for whatever reason. A flat steel plate was
      put in it's place with what looks like a piece of pipe centered and
      held with the travel-lock. I've seen another that used a 76mm
      barrel, sans muzzlebreak, that was welded into the middle of a
      flat steel plate. It's a real turret, just missing the weaponry.

      Jerry