3566Re: Commemorative (formerly Confederate) Air Force Sherman

  • WhiteWolf <whitewolf_mcbride@hotmail.com>
    Feb 2, 2003

      http://www.100megspopup.com/photo4phood/webaircraft/cafmsherman.html

      > Hi Brandon,
      > Thanks to you & Andre for the info about the M4A4 in
      > Chittlehampton, Devon!
      >
      > There aren't too many M4s in North America. The Sherman at
      > the CAF Museum in Midland, Texas is one of the few. Don't
      > know the serial number, but judging by the look of it, I'd
      > say it was built by Pressed Steel Car in your old hometown,
      > Chicago.
      >
      > Joe

      Something is wrong about that turret . The mantlet-armor
      and any pivot seem to be missing , and the barrel looks fake .
      Possible someone built a mockup ? More than likely .
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic