RAMADAN - Important Notice - Start of Ramadan

  • Mubaashir Uqdah
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2008
      Untitled Document

      NJ Muslim E-mail Network
      As Salaamu Alaikum!

      Dear Muslims,

      I received a call this morning informing me that a conference call took place last night with Imams and members across the country who are in the Association of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, organized by Imam Ezekial Pasha of Malcom Shabazz Masjid in NY, and a determination was made that the fast of Ramadan should begin on Tuesday.

      Note:

      I forwarded Ramadan greetings to the network indicating that the fast would start today, Monday, and it has for many Muslims. My family and I also have begun our fast today.

      Allah rewards us for our good intentions, so make a good intention and whether you continue to fast or decide to begin your fast tomorrow to be in unity with our association, Allah will reward your effort.

      My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused. Going forward, I will find out who informs people about these conference calls and get on that list. I will also reach out to the Imam Councils in North and South Jersey and encourage them to be a part of these calls so that we can get the correct information sooner.

      Mubaashir Uqdah
      NJ Muslim E-mail Network Coordinator