NETWORK - Health Talk Newsletter, Wedding Experience

  • Mubaashir Uqdah
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1 4:38 AM

            Muslim E-mail Network

    See the Attached Newsletter for MAY

    cid:image002.png@01CE463D.6ACA1120

    cid:image015.png@01CE463D.6ACA1120

    Jenny and Rufus Triplett

    Rufus and Jenny Triplett: Ebony Magazine's Couple of the Year!

    Dear Mubaashir,

    With 70% of the babies in the African American Community being born out of wedlock, its time to ring some five alarm bells! So we decided to ring five wedding bells this year as we host our second

    Wedding Experience Saturday, May 25th at the American Islamic Congress, 38 Newbury Street, Boston, MA.

    This year we will bring you five wedding vow renewals and host two marriage Workshops: Walk and Talk 101 for Singles and a Couples 202 luncheon with Ebony Magazine's Couple of the Year: Rufus and Jenny Triplett. Each event will be followed by a book signing for their book: Surviving Marriage in the 21st Century, to be featured on the Katie Show this upcoming Thursday. Rufus is formally of the hit RNB group Ready for the World!

    The Wedding Experience is a Communal Renewal of the Vows event meant to highlight the merits of marriage as a pivotal structure in the stability and progress of community life. This year, as with the first Wedding Experience two years ago, we are blessed with the majestic mastery of musical eloquence we came to love during the accompanied Kissing Kuzen's Concert 2011.  Wali Ali and Richie Goods will be joined by cousin Josh White Jr., the son of the legendary musician Josh White, known for bringing Black Folk Music to White America and "Stange Fruit" to the political airways.

    Richie Goods

    Richie Goods

    Goods made a name for himself through recording and touring with a variety of jazz and popular artists ranging from Louis Hayes and the Cannonball Adderley Legacy Band, Mulgrew Miller, Milt Jackson, the Manhattan Transfer, Lenny White, and the world famous Headhunters to Whitney Houston, Alicia Keys and Brian McKnight.

    His lengthy discography even includes Grammy award-winning and platinum albums of Alicia Keys and Common. Most recently, Goods has become the new bass player for famed trumpeter, Chris Botti.

    Moor about Richie Goods

    WAli Ali

    http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs110/1102122234391/img/63.jpg

    No stranger to the music world, Wali Ali helped as a lead Guitarist The Temptations, Eddie Kendricks, Teena Marie, Rick James & Patrice Rushen just to name a few.

    Moor about Wali Ali

    Josh White Jr.

    Josh White Jr.

    Josh White, Jr., became, a 'hit' literally over night at the age of four, by performing with his legendary father JOSH WHITE one night at New York's famed "Café Society" night club (America's first integrated nightclub). Josh went on to perform and record with his father for the next seventeen years on radio, television, Broadway, concert halls and nightclubs around the world.

    Moor about Josh White Jr.

    Be part of the party. All guests are asked to wear our theme colors: Purple, Silver and White. We need your help to continue to host quality, holistic, creative and affordable programing with solutions.

    See our sponsorship and ticket section and assist us in helping to spark the renaissance in you!

    A percentage of the proceeds always benefit charity.

    Sincerely,

    Latifa Ali
    Nurruddeen Development
    857-212-8010
    latifaz.com

    http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs110/1102122234391/img/71.jpg

    Don't Forget to come to one of our book signings with Rufus and Jenny Triplett regarding their new book Surviving Marriage. As seen in Black Enterprise, Ebony Magazine and the Huffington Post.