NETWORK - Final Push Eid School Closings in Newark

  • Mubaashir Uqdah
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2013

              Muslim E-mail Network

      As Salaam Alaikum, this is Brother Tariq Raheem. Last week I witnessed several Imams and other believers publicly request schools close on the Eid Holidays, to the Newark Public Schools Advisory Board and the Superintendent of Schools, Cami Anderson. The board and Superintendent appreciated it. The stage seems to be set, for the Advisory Board to vote on the Eid Resolution on February 26th ; thanks to the consistent work of Sister Wafiyyah Muhammad to engage the board and the community.

      I attached a picture of some of the speakers; if you know them, thank them for their selfless advocacy of our human unalienable right to pursue happiness in celebrating the Eids.

       Let’s keep the rally strong tomorrow night.  We need you to join us in the effort of support that impacts thousands of Muslim children in Newark and ALL Muslim communities in the area.  I believe we are ONE COMMUNITY ONE HUMANITY and this was a pre-determined Save Your Date Event on our website www.njeid.org . I saw many of you pack the meeting room last week, let’s do it again. May the believers be victorious.

      Below is a special message from Sister Wafiyyah Muhammad with details about the meeting.

               With Allah’s Name, Merciful Benefactor, Merciful Redeemer!

                                             As-Salaam-Alaikum!

      You Are Invited To Attend February’s Newark Public Schools Advisory Board Meeting

      Topic: Close Newark Public Schools In Observance of Eidul-Adha and Eidul-Fitr

      When:  Tuesday, February 26, 2013

      Where:  First Ave School

                      214 First Ave, Newark, NJ 07107

      (1 block off Bloomfield Ave.,

       between 1st & 2nd Avenues and N. 6th & N. 7th Streets)

      Time: 6:45 pm (After the Business Meeting)

      Questions: Wafiyyah Muhammad

                            Ramama1@... (908)380-1759