EVENT BROOKLYN NY 7/14 - USWAH Conference II Agenda
With Allah’s Name:
The Merciful Benefactor, The Merciful Redeemer
USWAH CONFERENCE II
Controversial Issues In “Islam”
As Addressed By the Logic of
Imam W. D. Mohammed
WHEN? Saturday, July 14, 2012 – 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
WHERE? Masjid Abdul Muhsi Khalifah
120 Madison Street, Brooklyn, New York
FREE OF CHARGE! A ONE OF A KIND
CONFIRMED PRESENTERS & TOPICS:
· Imam W. Deen Shareef - Are the 4 traditional “schools of thought” enough for these modern times?
· Dr. Mubaashir Uqdah - Can we trust and/or improve upon the traditional methods used for “isnad” (hadith transmission/validation)?
· Imam Kashif Abdul-Karim - Should tafseer of the Qur’an be based on what IWDM called “Creation-Inspired Learning” or should we be satisfied with the explanations of the Ulema (present-day Muslim scholars)?
· Imam Ahmed Sabree - Is race pride, “racism” in Islam?
· William Kareem - Is music haram (forbidden) and if not, what should be its proper content and context?
· Instructor Benjamin Bilal - Is the star & crescent the true flag of Islam? / “Beating the Women”: Is that really in the Qur’an?
· Imam Rafiq Rasul - What is the difference between “Prislam” and “Islam”?
· Instructress Kareema Medina Bilal - What did IWDM say concerning Marriage? Polygamy? Polygene? / Hijab vs. Niqab vs. Khimar: What is the Muslim women’s dress?
· Imam AbdulLateef Ameen - What should be the relationship between indigenous and immi-grant Muslims and what should be our attitude towards America?
· Special Guest Presenter: Dr. Hibbi Omar - Preservation and Arrangement of the Holy Qur’an: Narrative vs. Reality
VENDORS WELCOME – CALL 516.300.2257 TO RESERVE YOUR TABLE FOR $25
The North-East Section of Imams, The New England Council of Masajid, New Africa Intelligensia and SIGNS OF LIFE Motivational & Instructional Institute, A New Day for Al-Islam Community Radio