For Immediate Release: Calendar promotes education of Senegalese Girls (Zarinah El-Amin Naeem)

  • Zarinah El-Amin Naeem
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2011
    FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

    January 1, 2011

    CONTACT:

    Niyah Publishing -   zarinah@... |   www.niyah.net

    (Kalamazoo, MI) -  Unique 2011 Wall Calendar promotes the education of Senegalese Girls

    NIYAH, a creative living publishing company led by Zarinah El-Amin Naeem has released its first full-color 2011 wall calendar entitled Beautifully Wrapped whose sales support 10000 Girls.  The education program founded by CNN American Hero, Dr. Viola Vaughn is based in Kaolack, Senegal and works to provide young ladies with an education and means for positive evolution.

    bwinside.jpg

    The unique, limited-edition calendar includes stunning color photos of women of various ethnic and religious backgrounds donning vibrant and stylish headwraps, geles, hijabs and other headcoverings.   Each month features women’s historical facts and the model’s  biography. Dates of religious significance as well as the Islamic Calendar serve as educational tools for those looking to build their religious and cultural knowledge.

    A lovely gift, proceeds from the calendar go to 10,000 Girls, an education program in Kaolack, Senegal (see 10000girls.org).  Publisher El-Amin Naeem says, “Here in the US, we are blessed with unlimited opportunities for education.  When I visited Senegal I heard and witnessed how difficult it is for some girls to achieve even the basic right of literacy. The 10,000 Girls program trains young ladies to become agents of their own lives.  They start businesses, they teach each other, they speak up for themselves and their communities.  I was inspired and I knew we had to do our part. This calendar gives us a way to invest in their future.”

    The limited-edition 2011 Beautifully Wrapped calendar retails for only $13.95 and is available online at www.niyah.net and www.amazon.com.  Wholesale, bulk and fundraising options are available.  We welcome collaborations with organizations intersted in using the calendar for fundraising.

    Niyah Publishing aims to produce goods and events which contribute to the positive evolution of society.

    For more information, images or for PRESS inquires, contact 313-377-2857;  info@...; www.niyah.net

    In the spirit of peace,

    Zarinah El-Amin Naeem, M.A.
    Author of Jihad of the Soul