16158NETWORK - 11/18/2013 (5,6,7,8 and 9)

  • Mubaashir Uqdah
    Nov 18, 2013

              Muslim E-mail Network

      NORTHEAST IMAMS ELECT

      Conveners for Northeast Section

      (2014-2015)

      MUBAASHIR UQDAH (CONVENER)

      ABDUL-KAREEM MUHAMMAD (CO-CONVENER)

      cid:image004.jpg@...4EE0

      MASJIDULLAH PLAINFIELD'S
      HIGHER VOICE DAWAH TEAM

      Enjoys Another Rewarding Outing!

      "Every time we go out, we enjoy positive reactions from people in the neighborhoods," says Mubaashir Uqdah, current team coordinator. "I find it significant seeing people waving and smiling at Muslims who are walking through their neighborhoods distributing literature. I find it significant to hear people thank us and actually stop their cars to ask for our brochure," Uqdah said.

      "Some customers saw us give a brochure to a store owner and as we were making our way down the street, they pulled over in their car and asked could they have a couple brochures."

      "We stopped by a barbershop and gave out some brochures. A barber and a customer engaged us in conversation. We were there for about 20 minutes in dialog. Our brochure title was Al-Islam vs. Radical Islam: Are There Two Islamic Religions? The customer wanted to know what we meant by "Radical." This led to a mutually satisfying dialog.

      Saturday was a beautiful day, with beautiful weather and the bond between the brothers has grown stronger with each outing. Not to mention the health benefits from the exercise.

      In the Name of Allah (SWT), the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful
      ICNA-NJ eNewsletter Header

      ICNA-NJ Presents

      WhyIslam Bus Ads on 35 NJ Buses

      Click here to sponsor - one bus for one week for $50

      Alhamdulillah, WhyIslam has launched a month long public awareness campaign by placing ads about Islam and Quran on the buses in New Jersey.

      Campaign Info:

      Nov. 18 to Dec. 15 featuring 21"x70" Ads on the Back of 35 Buses

      Sponsor 1 Bus for 1 Week for just $50

      Click here to sponsor!

      Adv #1

      http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs185/1102809345942/img/739.jpg

      Adv #2

      http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs185/1102809345942/img/740.jpg

      Adv #3

      http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs185/1102809345942/img/741.jpg

      10 buses will be running in Newark
      10 buses will be running in Union City
      10 buses will be running in Bergen Count

      5 more buses in above areas with some going to NYC as well.

      To place similar ads in your city, please contact us at franchise@... or call us at 877-Why-Islam.

      Sponsor one bus for one week for $50

       Register Today... Online!

      ILF-NJ Presents

      Madinah Arabic Language Course

      Classes start Nov 25

      Level 1 (Beginners)

      Tues & Thurs | 8 pm to 9:45 pm EST

      Starts Nov 26

      Level 2 (Intermediate)

      Mon & Fri | 8 pm to 9:45 pm EST

      Starts Nov 25

      What's so unique about this course?

      Watch this video to find out!

      10-Day Arabic Language Intensive Course starting on June 18

      10-Day Intensive Arabic Language Course
      starting on Friday, June 7

        Register Online... Today!

      Interestingly, the course is taught in Arabic only, where instructor doesn't use english or any other language to explain the concept. This methodology employs NLP techniques where concepts are taught through body language, drawings, without resorting to translation. This generates amazing results, as this is the same methodology used at Islamic university of Madinah where in each class there are students from 30 different language backgrounds, and teacher has no choice but to explain the concepts in Arabic only. The session in this video is 5th session of Arabic course.  By this session students start responding in Arabic language and comprehending it. This course is for pure beginners having no background at all.

      Methodology:

      As taught at Islamic university of Madinah along with Neuro-Linguistic Programming techniques.

      Course Duration:

      Ten online sessions

      Register Now!

      Thanksgiving Grand Distribution in Atlantic City

      Saturday, Nov. 30

      Click here to volunteer!

      It has been one year since Super Storm Sandy devastated parts of NY and NJ and ICNA is still helping those families and individuals in areas impacted by Sandy. ICNA Relief USA was one of the first Muslim relief organizations on ground to offer services immediately after Sandy hit the United States.

      Inshaa Allah, we will be going back to Atlantic City on the Thanksgiving weekend to host another massive distribution of relief items.  Please join us!

      Here are the glimpses from our previous distributions!

      Grand Distribution in Atlantic City for Sandy Relief by NJ Mulsims / ICNA Relief / WhyIslam

      Grand Distribution in Atlantic City for Sandy Relief by NJ Mulsims / ICNA Relief / WhyIslam

      Free Medical Camp in Atlantic City for Sandy Relief by NJ Mulsims / ICNA Relief / WhyIslam

      Free Medical Camp in Atlantic City for Sandy Relief by NJ Mulsims / ICNA Relief / WhyIslam

      Atlantic City Mayor Thanks ICNA for Sandy Relief

      Atlantic City Mayor Thanks ICNA for Sandy Relief

      Click here to volunteer!

      Support

      http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs061/1102809345942/img/520.jpg

      Online:  www.WhyIslam.org/donate

      Mailing Address:

      1320 Hamilton St.

      Somerset, NJ 08873

      Hotline:

      877-363-ICNA

      All donations are tax-deductible!

      SII Logo

                 STRONG FAMILIES, STRONGER COMMUNITIES

      https://imgssl.constantcontact.com/letters/images/1101093164665/newshightech-06.jpg

      Sisters in Islam

      Weekly Newsletter

      November 14, 2013 - Vol 1, Issue 38

      In This Issue

      Building Fund Drive

      Black & Gold GALA Fundraising Banquet

      Fundraising Campaigns

      Community News

      Upcoming Workshops

      Join Our Mailing List!

      Quick Links

      Donate

      Twitter
      Facebook

      VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!!!

      volunteer_signup_sheet.jpg

        Team work

       makes the

      Dream work

      Types of Help Needed:

      1) Contract Grant Writers

      2) Internships

      3) Flyer Distributors

      4) Announcers in Masjids

      5) Invite family & friends to events

      6) Venue Setup & Cleanup

      7) Donations (In-kind & monetary)

      8) Food servers

      Dear Mubaashir,

      SII Logo

      Welcome to

      Sisters in Islam's  Weekly Newsletter. We are a 501(c)(3) Not-for-Profit public charity.Our mission is to enhance the quality of life for individuals and couples through promotion of healthy relationships and blissful marriages, thereby enhancing family and community life.

      Here is where you will receive updated information about our matrimonial services, community programs, upcoming events, donation requests, etc. Your support of Sisters in Islam is vital to our sustainability. Invite your friends to join our mailing list and stay in touch. Our Motto: Strong families, stronger communities.

      "BUILDING FUND" DRIVE

      Community development demands that citizens initiate and control activities to positively influence conditions affecting their lives. It calls for citizen participation, cooperation, and collaboration.

      Sisters in Islam would like to develop SISTERS IN ISLAM CULTURAL COMMUNITY CENTER, insha Allah.

      The Messenger of Allah (saws) said: "When a man dies, his deeds come to an end except for three things: Sadaqah Jariyah (ceaseless charity: any good deed done from which people continue to benefit despite the demise of the person who originated it.); knowledge which is beneficial; or a virtuous descendant who prays for him (the deceased)." [Sahih Muslim]

      At this time, we are asking for assistance to help make this vision a reality, insha Allah. The Journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step. WILL YOU BE A PART OF THIS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT?  Please support SII with a donation today.  No donation is too small.

      All donations are tax-deductible.

      Make check/money order payable to Sisters in Islam. Please write"BUILDING FUND" on your check or money order. Send to Sisters in Islam, P.O. Box 360357, Brooklyn, NY 11236 or donate

      online at www.siiservices.org/Donate.html or your can donate on our Go Fund Me page at http://www.gofundme.com/4jnmfw

      Thank you in advance for your support. May Allah (swt) reward you, Ameen.

      BLACK & GOLD GALA FUNDRAISING DINNER

      http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs123/1111439779476/img/118.jpg

      Souvenir Journal Available

      (Journal will also be distributed online to all Email contacts)

      JOURNAL APPLICATION

      BUSINESS NAME ____________________________________________

      CONTACT NAME ____________________________________________

      BUSINESS ADDRESS _________________________________________

      CITY _________________________ STATE _________ ZIP ___________

      BUSINESS PHONE ____________________________________________

      ALTERNATE PHONE _________________________________________

      EMAIL ______________________________________________________

      PLACE AN "X" ON REQUESTED AD SIZE BELOW:

      ALL ADS ARE BLACK & WHITE EXCEPT PREMIUM PAGES

      _____ PREMIUM CENTER PAGES $500        (Two Center Pages)

      _____ PREMIUM BACK PAGE $350               (Back Page)

      _____ PREMIUM PAGE $300                           (Inside Front or Back cover)

      _____ FULL PAGE $200

      _____ HALF PAGE $150

      _____ QUARTER PAGE $100

      _____ BUSINESS CARD $75

      _____ PATRON AD $50

      MAKE CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO SISTERS IN ISLAM

      & SEND TO P.O. BOX 360357, BROOKLYN, NY  11236 OR PAY ONLINE

      AT OUR WEBSITE ADDRESS BELOW

       For information/tickets/ vending/Journal advertisement, contact us.

      Tickets can be purchased via PayPal (online fees apply) at www.siiservices.org

      ALL PROCEEDS GO TOWARD ORGANIZATION MAINTENANCE & "BUILDING FUND"

      Unable to attend? You can donate online at

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)